Mick Schumacher leaves the garge for the first time Pic Credit Ferrari F1 ©
By Harry Schofield
2nd April 2019 Mick Schumacher, son of seven times world champion Michael drove the Ferrari SF90 for the first time at the Sakhir circuit in Bahrain.
Mick not a totally stranger to Ferrari as he is a member of the Ferrari Driver Academy.
Mick who made his Formula 2 debut with the Prema team over the weekend drove the car with ease on the first installation lap.
Mick completed a totally of 56 laps with a best time of 1.29.979 just a whisper behind Max Verstappen.
Mick Schumacher will continue his Formula 1 driving duties for Alfa Romeo on Wednesday 4th driving the C38.
Full round up of Day 2 will follow on Wednesday Night.
Bahrain 3rd April 2019 Test day 1 Times
1. Max Verstappen Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda 1m 29.379s 62 laps
2. Mick Schumacher Scuderia Ferrari 1m 29.976s 56 laps
3. Lando Norris McLaren F1 Team 1m 30.800s 22 lap
4. Romain Grosjean Rich Energy Haas F1 Team 1m 30.982s 42 laps
5. Alexander Albon Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1m 31.089s 71 laps
6. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 1m 31.156s 77 laps
7. Daniel Ricciardo Renault F1 Team 1m 31.584s 45 laps
8. Lance Stroll SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team 1m 31.964s 33 laps
9. Carlos Sainz McLaren F1 Team 1m 32.059s 32 laps
10. Antonio Giovinazzi Alfa Romeo Racing 1m 32.067s 53 lap
11. Fernando Alonso McLaren F1 Team 1m 32.207s 64 laps
12. Pietro Fittipaldi Rich Energy Haas F1 Team 1m 32.708s 20 lap
13. Robert Kubica ROKiT Williams Racing 1m 33.290s 19 laps
14. Daniil Kvyat Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1m 33.653s 45 laps
15. George Russell ROKiT Williams Racing 1m 33.682s 27 laps
© Harry Schofield 2019
Bahrain F1 Test day 1:
Mick Schumacher drives the Ferrari SF90 for the first time at the Sakhir circuit in Bahrain.